USFS Test Sessions
The Gardens Figure Skating Club offers USFS approved Testing Sessions
at regular intervals year round at The Gardens Ice House in Laurel Maryland.
Test Sessions include moves in the field and freeskate through gold and ice dance
- Registration and payment must be postmarked by the deadline on the test form. We look at the postmark to determine priority so there is no need to send by express or priority mail.
- Priority goes to home club members who submit their application before the deadline. All others (including home club members who do not get their applications in on time) are first come, first served.
- Test fees will not be refunded after the schedule is published, including contingent tests that are not taken. If a skater is sick or injured and can produce a doctor’s note we will forward the test to the next test session.
- The schedule will be posted a week before the test on this website and emailed to all skaters and coaches at the address given on the application form.
- Please arrive at the rink for your test at least one hour prior to your scheduled warmup time. If we are ahead of schedule and you are not available for your test we may not be able to fit you in later.
- By submitting an application, you are applying to test at any time during the session. Personal requests by skaters/coaches cannot be accommodated fairly with the number of tests we conduct.
- Coaches, including partnering pros and coaches of non-home club members must be CER compliant via USFSA in order to coach/partner at our test sessions.
- Results will be provided at the first break following each group. Copies will be provided and originals will stay with the club.
- If you are not a home club member, you must have a Permission to Test letter from your club in order to test.
The GFSC maintains a photo display at the rink to recognized club members who have passed Juvenile or above Free Skate, Bronze or above Dance, and Adult Bronze or above Free Skate USFS tests.